10 Things You must Know Before You Graduate
Here are ten  things you must know before you graduate from the university;
1. KNOW YOURSELF: Knowing one’s self is not limited to your name alone. You must discover who you truly are. Your strong points and weaknesses and how to manage the two;
2. EXPERIENCE COUNTS: During holidays, break, ASUU Strikes, even weekends, it is advisable to take up holiday or part time jobs, even, voluntary jobs, jobs. This will give you to required experience when you eventually go into labour. That is how you make up the years of experience in your CV;
3. KEEP LEARNING: Learning is not limited to lectures from your field of speciality of course at the University or Polytechnic. You are to learn soft skills. As a matter of fact, a graduate that cannot say a thing or two about other fields of study has not fully evolved;
4. MONEY MATTERS: Money is very key to everything you do. This will help to support one in achieving one’s dream. Be it schooling or learning vocational skills and won;t learn well when you are always broke. learn to manage your finances;
5. COMMUNICATION: Good communication skills is very essential in today’s competitive World. Learn to talk to people in the manner they are not offended. The ability to communicate clearly and to work well team setting is critical to a sustained and successful employability. Do not abbreviate when you write letters and memos. Learn to communicate in simple English. No ambiguity, it helps a great deal to work effectively in a team, meanwhile try as much as you can to speak good English;
6. HANDLING FAILURE: “I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career as a basket ball player. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times I have been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I have failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeeded”.
MICHAEL JORDAN American Basket Ball Legend Failure is not the end of the World, it means you have to work harder. No one is perfect, learn from that experience and move on;
7. BE SOCIAL-WISE: 60% of employers now turn to social networks to research for job applicant, so, be weary of the posts, pictures and what you do on the social media. Your potential employers and business partners could be watching. Avoid anything extreme. You could post birthday, wedding, picnics pictures etc and learn the habit of keeping private matters private. Nobody really cares to know all your friends, mum or siblings did that you will never forget;
8. PEOPLE SKILLS: Interpersonal skills can be the difference between undergraduate Days and when you get employed. You need these skills. Learn how to get along with people no matter how annoying they are or how much you disagree with them;
9. PRESENTING YOURSELF: You never get a second chance to make a great first impression. People will treat you the way they see you. It is important how you present yourself. It is always good to put your best forward. Dress decently, look neat and comport yourself all the time. Don’t be a show off, draw the lines between arrogance and confidence.
10. ATTITUDE: Your attitude determines how successful you can be. Your Attitude determines your altitude. That is as true as it gets